If you have stories to share, whether they are small stories, big stories or meaningful stories. But you not knowing the exact steps to take, follow this step-by-step guide to started with your stories.
How to Become a Blogger in 5 Simple Steps
1. Choose your blog name.
2. Get your blog hosting.
3. Start your blog by adding WordPress.
4. Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
5. Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
6. Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.
CHOOSE YOUR BLOG NAME
A blog name is how your audience find your blog whenever they are in need of materials related to your contents.
Choose a blog name can be difficult sometimes but it is a good step in a good direction for starting a blog.
What Makes a Good Blog Name?
1. A good blog name must be short, easily spell and memorize.
2. A good blog name must be related to the service, business or content production.
3. A good blog name be unique and different from other blog name.
GET YOUR BLOG HOSTING
A blog host is a company that provides the required space, resources or equipment and support to store your blog for online accessibility to anyone at anytime.
There are two types of hostings – foreign and local hostings. The choice of hosting will be based on your budget. But I will recommend few of them if you have having low budget.
1. Foreign Hostings
Foreign hostings are international hosting such as –
Currently, my websites are hosted on namecheap VPS after qservers.ng
2. Local or Home Based Hostings
Local hosting are the indegious hostings that can be easily hosted your stories with local currency.
Based on experience, qservers.ng is the best hosting. I had most of my blogging experience with the customer service. And I learned basic skills of managing blogs before moving to namecheap. Also, I had the worst experience with HostNowNow which I won’t want to talk about. I will also recommend Smartweb.com.ng.
Reasons for moving to namecheap are very simple,
1. Website traffic
START YOUR BLOG BY ADDING WORDPRESS
Once you have made order hosting service, you can start creating your own website. WordPress can be installed using Softaculous automatic app installer with just a few clicks.
Below you can find step-by-step guidelines covering the process:
1. Log into your cPanel.
2. Navigate to Exclusive for Namecheap customers section > Softaculous Apps Installer menu.
3. On the homepage, click Install under the WordPress icon.
4. On the next page you will need to fill out the details of your WordPress installation.
- Choose Protocol (https://)
- Choose domain (startblogs.ng)
- Leave the directory empty
- Choose the latest version of WordPress you want to install.
- Database Name can be left default.
- The Site Settings section should be filled out accordingly to your needs, though you can change it anytime later if required.
5. When ready, scroll down and hit Install. In a few moments you will see the message that WordPress has been successfully installed.
6. Log into your WordPress Dashboard to start working on your website.
PICK A SIMPLE THEME TO MAKE YOUR BLOG YOUR OWN
A WordPress theme is a tool or group of files that’s control the overall appearance (such as layout, typography, color, and other design elements) of your blog or website.
Once you have successfully installed WordPress. There is need to choose a theme that’s suitable for your blog. There are thousand of free and premium themes that you choose from.
ADD TWO KEY BLOGGING PLUGINS TO FIND YOUR READERS AND TRACK STATS
There are two key blogging plugins that can be used to find and track your readers,
2. GAinWP Google Analytics Integration for WordPress
The above plugins are perfect for understanding and tracking your readers. Other includes –
- Google analytics by Monstersight
WRITE COMPELLING CONTENT TO CREATE A BLOG THAT YOUR READERS LOVE
Blogging is a business. So, don’t treat blogs as a second hand value. To create a compelling content that your readers love, you must –
1. Know your audience.
2. Write compelling headlines.
3. Add subheadings
4. Break you post into paragraphs.
5. Use bullet points.
6. Add a clear call-to-action
The above steps are basic and fundamental to get started as a blogger. To improve your blogging skills, mare sure you post regularly probably on daily or weekly basis.
The more you blog, the better you become and get to know about blogging. Keep practicing and posting to continue improving your blogging skills.