NEW TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANIES SHORT CODES
With the effect from Wednesday 17th May, 2023, the National Communications Commissions (NCC) introduced uniform short codes for all telecommunications companies (telcos) in Nigeria.
The idea is to harmonize all short codes for all the telcos. That way life will be easier as you don’t have to memorize so many numbers.
Here’s a list of the shortcodes:
- *300# – Call Centre/ Help Desk
- *301# – Voice Mail Deposit
- *302# – Voice Mail Retrieval
- *323# – Data Plan Balance
- *996# – Verification of Subscribers Identity Module (SIM) Registration or NIN-SIM Linkage
- *2442# – Do Not Disturb (DND) Unsolicited Messaging Complaint Management
- *3232# – Porting Services (Mobile Number Portability)